[Xastir-Dev] Map Drawing Tweaks

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Jun 17 20:10:24 EDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> Perhaps this:  For vector maps, use the percentage value for cases
> where the "map is small in comparison to the view", but skip the
> check for "view small in comparison to the map".  For shapefiles,
> they're pretty fast anyway when you're zoomed in.  It's the other
> case, where you might have a lot of county road maps selected and
> are zooming out, where you want to disable those maps at some point.

I checked in a change that skips maps that are 4% or less of the
view size.  A new define "MAP_SCALE_CHECK" at the top of maps.c
enables this code.

If we could get your raster checks in there, we could play a bit to
see what works and what doesn't.

It might be tomorrow before it shows up on the anon CVS server.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com