[Xastir-Dev] 1.2.0 patches for datadir, pkglib, xastir.spec.in

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Jun 18 10:55:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Alan Crosswell wrote:

> So, because we use config.h instead of -D stuff set in CPPFLAGS in the
> Makefile, datadir's default value can't be used whereas any overriding
> value (as set by the rpm %configure macro) works.  Sorry I didn't test
> this more thoroughly!  I'll fix it, probably in a kludgy way:-(

Can't stuff in acinclude.m4 do substitution?  I think we can do
pretty much any shell commands we want there.

> I suppose y'all are wedded to config.h instead of all the -D's in the
> Makefile?

We were using -D's all over the place, then switched to the config.h
scheme.  I think it was switched in order to make the compile lines
cleaner.

Which way is recommended these days?  I tend to like our current
method, but I'm not one of the major config guys either.  That'd be
Jack and Chuck.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com