[Xastir-Dev] Map Drawing Tweaks

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Jun 18 13:48:44 EDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Chris Bell wrote:

> Ok.  I put them in, #define FUZZYRASTER next to yours to enable.

Playing with this a bit (it works very well by the way!), I'm not
sure I like it.  Then again, I'm not sure what I expect, or what I
want from this.

I can't zoom way in to see if I'm getting rain at my house, 'cuz the
radar image disappears.  I can't zoom way out and get radar images
covering the entire U.S., because the images disappear.  Yes, it's
true that the resolution of either extreme makes them less than
useful, but still there's that part of me that wants to do it.

The really nice part is that for the zoom levels at which the images
are active, they look very good, and that's the goal.

Perhaps yet-another-toggle or two for enabling/disabling these new
features for raster/vector maps?  I think we need to be able to
change the percent value for vectors.  Would it be useful or
desireable to allow the user to change any of the parameters for
raster as well?

With the toggles, I could enable/disable the features at will, so I
could leave them enabled most of the time, but get around the
restrictions when I really need to.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com