[Xastir-Dev] Re: New Directory Structure

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Jun 20 18:49:43 EDT 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Alan Crosswell wrote:

> migration scripts attached.  Might need a bit more tweaking or
> idiot-proofing.  Didn't bother with a version tag just yet.  Make the
> installer run it manually one time I think.  Any rank newbies will not
> yet have a .xastir directory and any old-timers are quite able to deal
> with an extra step given all the build steps they had to go through to
> get the code running in the first place.

These look good.  I added some dirs to the larger script.  Those
dirs don't really need to be in the new location because the Xastir
install will populate them.  What it'll do though is delete those
dirs from the current location, which is desirable.  The next
install of Xastir will overwrite them with the new versions, which
is fine.  If we carry along a couple of old files, like README.1ST,
that's ok.

Also:  What does the script do for cases where some of them are
links, like for example on one of my systems, /usr/local/xastir/maps
is a symlink.  Will it copy the link to the new location, copy the
files, or skip it altogether?  If I remember correctly, tar will do
the right thing in this case.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com