[Xastir-Dev] MFJ 1270B does appear to work any longer in non AX25 mode

Jim Chandler jim at chandler.net
Mon Jun 23 11:42:18 EDT 2003

I have a single MFJ 1270B connected to the serial port of my Xastir box.
I'm running the latest CVS and sometime in the past couple of weeks, a
change has broken it.  It is no longer sending out my position, and is
instead sending a bunch of garbage out over the RF path.  I have
discovered that Xastir is no longer putting it back in command mode after
it sends a position or other information.  This apparently happens after
Xastir has started and sends the first position report.  It is apparently
never put back into command mode.   If I exit Xastir, and use
minicom, the TNC is still in converse mode and it takes a ^C to get it
back into command mode.  Did anyone change this code recently?

Jim, N0VH