[Xastir-Dev] Re: New Directory Structure

Alan Crosswell alan at columbia.edu
Mon Jun 23 14:16:11 EDT 2003

I have another suggestion for a directory change:  The places GPS maps are
*written* needs to be configurable, and should probably be in ~/.xastir/ by
default;  In a normal multi-user system, /usr/share/xastir/maps/GPS would not be
writeable by mere users.  A knowledgable super-user could of course take
shapefile maps from his .xastir/... directory and move them to
/usr/share/xastir/maps as needed.
/a