[Xastir-Dev] Unix time function expert?

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Jun 25 12:38:54 EDT 2003

Who knows a bit about Unix time functions?

It appears that the "TZ" variable is not set on Cygwin, and the
"localtime" link is not made in /etc either.

For these reasons, and perhaps lack of a "tzset()" call at the
proper place, the time functions on Cygwin appear to be defaulting
to UTC instead of local time.  This causes weather alerts to expire
at the wrong times on Cygwin.  Weather alert expiration appears to
be correct on Linux.

If someone could check this out and figure out the proper fixes,
it'd be appreciated.  I suspect it might involve adding "tzset()"
and then tweaking the README.win32 file to add instructions for
setting the TZ variable.

The interesting code is in util.c:time_from_aprsstring().  Perhaps
other places as well, like gps.c.

There's a bug report for this on SourceForge.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com