[Xastir-Dev] I just committed the splitting of maps.c

Alan Crosswell alan at columbia.edu
Thu Jun 26 11:58:23 EDT 2003

I just committed the splitting of maps.c into several files.

But, I got an error from CVS toward the end of the commit in which it first
checked in the newly added files and then when doing an update it said the files
where lost?  This may be a non-error I hope.

The steps I did were:

cvs update -dP
... edit maps.c maps.h Makefile.am
... create map_*.c
cvs add map_dos.c map_geo.c map_gnis.c map_pdb.c map_shp.c map_tif.c map_tiger.c
cvs commit -m "splits maps.c into several map-specific files"

I think this is the right use of CVS.

Anyhow, please do a cvs update and see if you get changes to maps.c maps.h
Makefile.am and additions of map_*.c.

There should be no functional changes at this point with one exception:  the
automaps ignore raster maps option *no longer* ignores GNIS maps.  If you want
to ignore your GNIS maps, change the preference in the map chooser.  They aren't
raster maps, never were.  I believe the code to treat them as raster maps was
put in before the map properties allowed one to choose which maps are considered
for automap.

I did make a code change to add a couple of enum data types for functions that
were returning values like 0, 1, and 2.  Now they return enums which are more
meaningful (and of course properly cast back to the same ints).  I also made the
selection of map driver table-driven, so there's always the possibility that I
botched something.  I've tested as thoroughly as I can.

The anonymous CVS servers are lagging behind the developer servers, so this
update may not show up right away....

73
/a