[Xastir-Dev] I just committed the splitting of maps.c

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jun 28 01:21:21 EDT 2003

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Alan Crosswell wrote:

> I just committed the splitting of maps.c into several files.

I think I recall that my first cvs update to the Xastir sources was
adding a space to a comment, or something equally as silly.  I wanted
to make sure everything worked first.

Your first commit was a tad bit more agressive...  ;-)

> But, I got an error from CVS toward the end of the commit in which it first
> checked in the newly added files and then when doing an update it said the files
> where lost?  This may be a non-error I hope.
>
> The steps I did were:
>
> cvs update -dP
> ... edit maps.c maps.h Makefile.am
> ... create map_*.c
> cvs add map_dos.c map_geo.c map_gnis.c map_pdb.c map_shp.c map_tif.c map_tiger.c
> cvs commit -m "splits maps.c into several map-specific files"
>
> I think this is the right use of CVS.

I don't use the "-m" option.  I manually name each file that I want
to commit.  That's because I'm often running with several modified
files that are either not ready for prime-time yet, or are just weird
things that I and I alone might want.  Wouldn't want some of them to
get out in public and cause problems for others.

> Anyhow, please do a cvs update and see if you get changes to maps.c maps.h
> Makefile.am and additions of map_*.c.

Lots of new files showing up.  I'm starting the configure process
now.

> There should be no functional changes at this point with one exception:  the
> automaps ignore raster maps option *no longer* ignores GNIS maps.  If you want
> to ignore your GNIS maps, change the preference in the map chooser.  They aren't
> raster maps, never were.  I believe the code to treat them as raster maps was
> put in before the map properties allowed one to choose which maps are considered
> for automap.

Yes.  I did that.

> I did make a code change to add a couple of enum data types for functions that
> were returning values like 0, 1, and 2.  Now they return enums which are more
> meaningful (and of course properly cast back to the same ints).

Stuff I and others should have done to begin with.  Thanks!

> I also made the
> selection of map driver table-driven, so there's always the possibility that I
> botched something.  I've tested as thoroughly as I can.

I'll give it a run for the money.

> The anonymous CVS servers are lagging behind the developer servers, so this
> update may not show up right away....

Sucks, doesn't it?  That is scheduled to be rectified sometime in
august.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer