[Xastir-Dev] Less brave testers wanted. :-)

Jack Twilley jmt at twilley.org
Tue Mar 4 20:25:52 EST 2003

Okay.  I haven't heard any significant complaints from my brave
testers, so I'm looking for less brave testers.

Again, the URL:

http://www.twilley.org/~jmt/xastir-new-configure.tar.gz

This has been newly created today to reflect the other changes in
xastir.  Update your CVS, extract this file into your top-level xastir
directory, rerun bootstrap.sh and configure, make and install to suit
your tastes.

If you see errors about nonexistent tests like XASTIR_DETECT_DEVICES
in bootstrap.sh, it's because you don't have acinclude.m4 in place.
Extract the files in the right place, and try again.  Same goes for a
configure that can't find tests like that.

Users of autoconf versions less than 2.57 will notice an error with
regard to AC_GNU_SOURCE -- feel free to ignore this error.

Another user-visible change is that the helpful "yes/no" at the end of
the configure run has been disabled, with the exception of
ImageMagick.  This isn't a bug -- it's just a feature that hasn't yet
been rebuilt.

I have positive results from at least one Debian Linux user, and some
other folks.  I'm hoping to hear from exotic users of more unusual
operating systems, but having more Linux users of all distributions
report in won't hurt my feelings, either.

If this goes well, I plan to extend this to all appropriate #include
lines in all source and include files, and all appropriate function
and system calls as necessary.  I'm also hoping to continue working
with the ImageMagick folks to clean up their Magick-config so we can
focus on developing our software and not debugging theirs.

Jack.
--
Jack Twilley
jmt at twilley dot org