[Xastir-Dev] Anyone done Sharp Zaurus yet?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Mar 7 12:21:02 EST 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Jeff Brenton KA9VNV wrote:

> Hello WE7U,
>
> CMW> Someone inquired about this some months back and was going to
> CMW> look at porting it. Haven't heard anything since.
>
> Rolf mentioned that the Zaurus uses Qt instead of X, which would slow
> down porting. And then there would be chosing what things to should be
> left out of a PDA-style version, such as the network interface code.

Another thing to think about would be how to do it without forking
the codebase, so that future developments would appear in both
versions.  The ideal way to do that would be to separate the GUI
code from all of the rest, so that #ifdef's in the code could build
either one.  Then there's the testing problem when new GUI features
are added:  Need to test on both types of GUI.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com