[Xastir-Dev] Anyone done Sharp Zaurus yet?

Jeff Brenton KA9VNV ka9vnv at dididahdahdidit.com
Fri Mar 7 12:43:20 EST 2003

Hello WE7U,

CMW> Another thing to think about would be how to do it without
CMW> forking the codebase, so that future developments would appear in
CMW> both versions. The ideal way to do that would be to separate the
CMW> GUI code from all of the rest, so that #ifdef's in the code could
CMW> build either one. Then there's the testing problem when new GUI
CMW> features are added: Need to test on both types of GUI.

We discussed separating the GUI and "protocol server" portions long
ago. I know that was decided to be a "version 2.0" thing.

There probably should be a couple of more items that are "optional" in
the compile, like a --without-network switch to drop the TCP/IP
connection stuff, saving about 10 bytes... B-)

--
Best regards,
 Jeff                            mailto:ka9vnv at dididahdahdidit.com