[Xastir-Dev] Short list, stable release, then Xastir-2development?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri Mar 14 16:31:52 EST 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> Or, more precisely, separate tables. We don't need several instances of
> the database running.  That _would_ be a resource hog.

I think perhaps he was talking about one instance of the database
server, but separate databases inside that server (which equate to
separate file storage) for the volatile/less-volatile types of data.

We could certainly do that, and if we were careful we could also
allow the user to connect to different databases for each, so that
distributed map servers are a definite possibility.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com