[Xastir-Dev] Short list, stable release, then Xastir-2 development?

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Thu Mar 20 19:46:43 EST 2003

Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, J. Lance Cotton wrote:
>

>>There was. I changed it when I installed it.
>

> So can you invoke the gpsman commands to download from the GPS and
> create a shapefile via the command-line?  That sounds like where the
> problem lies.  Try this:
>
>   gpsman.tcl -dev /dev/ttyS0 getwrite TR Shapefile_2D <filename>
>
> You should see a small window appear on your screen during the
> actual download.

Okay, I installed gpsman as /usr/X11R6/bin/gpsman (without the .tcl
extension). Shouldn't matter.

My GPS is on /dev/ttyS1

The above command works perfectly without error when I say:
gpsman -dev /dev/ttyS1 getwrite TR Shapefile_2D testgps
in my home directory.

in config.h, relavent information is:
/* Path to gpsman */
#define GPSMAN_PATH "/usr/X11R6/bin/gpsman"

/* Define default GPS port. */
#define GPS_PORT "/dev/ttyS1"

and those are both correct.

No change in operation. Is there a debug level for this GPS stuff yet? I
suppose I should uncomment some of your debug printouts and see what I get.

-Lance
--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat