[Xastir-Dev] Short list, stable release, then Xastir-2 development?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Mar 26 12:42:07 EST 2003

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, J. Lance Cotton wrote:

> My GPS is on /dev/ttyS1
>
> The above command works perfectly without error when I say:
> gpsman -dev /dev/ttyS1 getwrite TR Shapefile_2D testgps
> in my home directory.

Did you also bring up GPSMan by itself and set up its config files?
You need to tell it to go to /dev/ttyS1 and set up the other things
it wants you to, then it exits.  You should be able to then bring up
the GPSMan GUI again and fetch items from the GPS successfully.

I'll look at the code again soon, perhaps at lunch today, and
re-test with my current setup to make sure it still works for me.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com