[Xastir-Dev] Short list, stable release, then Xastir-2 development?

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Thu Mar 20 19:56:55 EST 2003

Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
> So can you invoke the gpsman commands to download from the GPS and
> create a shapefile via the command-line?  That sounds like where the
> problem lies.  Try this:
>
>   gpsman.tcl -dev /dev/ttyS0 getwrite TR Shapefile_2D <filename>
>
> You should see a small window appear on your screen during the
> actual download.

A little addition to a function:

         default:
             fprintf(stderr,"Illegal parameter (%d) passed to
GPS_operations function!\n", input_param);
             gps_operation_pending = 0;  // We're done
             return(NULL);
             break;
     }   // End of switch

tells me that input_param is 0 when this function is called. This is
coming from the XtPointer clientData. Beyond that, it appears that the
callback function is being called with the right data (between 1 and 3,
inclusive).

I see that clientData is of type XtPointer, but you do a strcmp() on it.
I don't know much about this X programming, but is there some need to
dereference a pointer before you use it? or does clientData actually
point to the start of the C string?

-Lance
--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat