[Xastir-Dev] Short list, stable release, then Xastir-2 development?

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Mar 27 17:26:27 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Curt Mills wrote:

> My short list of what I'd like to see before the next stable
> release:
>

> 1) GPSMan integration (DONE!).  Needs testing by other users.

Done.

> 2) Jack's re-done configure.ac plus other mods.  I know he's working
> hard on that stuff and it's looking VERY good!

Done??

> 3) RELAY digipeat tested for both AX.25 and serial KISS interfaces.
> Someone please test RELAY digipeat with serial KISS interfaces.  I
> think Olivier and one other are testing with AX.25 interfaces.

Still needs testing.  Anybody try this successfully?

Uncomment this line in xastir.h and recompile to enable it:

//#define SERIAL_KISS_RELAY_DIGI

> 4) Fix/test the high-CPU usage w/NMEA bug.  I'm waiting for results
> on this one.  This one doesn't HAVE to be in the stable release, but
> it'd be nice.

Done.

It'd also be nice if someone else would verify that GPSMan works.  I
still haven't heard of anyone trying this successfully from within
Xastir (except me!).

The new xastir/maps/GPS/ directory needs it's permissions changed so
that Xastir can write GPS files into it.  Know an easy way to do
that from within configure.ac/Makefile.am Jack/Chuck?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com