[Xastir-Dev] Short list, stable release, then Xastir-2 development?

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Thu Mar 27 17:43:17 EST 2003

Curt Mills wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Curt Mills wrote:
>
>>1) GPSMan integration (DONE!).  Needs testing by other users.
> Done.
>
> It'd also be nice if someone else would verify that GPSMan works.  I
> still haven't heard of anyone trying this successfully from within
> Xastir (except me!).
>
> The new xastir/maps/GPS/ directory needs it's permissions changed so
> that Xastir can write GPS files into it.  Know an easy way to do
> that from within configure.ac/Makefile.am Jack/Chuck?

I have tested this. It works fine when downloading tracks from my Garmin eTrex
Vista. I haven't tested with downloading routes, since I had none in the GPS.
I have several waypoints corresponding to Geocaches this area, but when I
tried to download them, it appeared to transfer without errors, but the new
map layer for them doesn't draw anything.

Look for an update on my attempts at route transfers in the coming days.

-Lance KJ5O
--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
http://map.findu.com/kj5o-14