[Xastir-Dev] Short list, stable release, then Xastir-2 development?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Mar 27 17:49:09 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, J. Lance Cotton wrote:

> I have tested this. It works fine when downloading tracks from my Garmin eTrex
> Vista. I haven't tested with downloading routes, since I had none in the GPS.

You should be able to create a "Trackback" route out of your track,
and I think it'll put it into route 0 or route 1 slot.  Try
downloading that route and it'll look like your original track but
it'll have fewer points (max 30 points I think).

> I have several waypoints corresponding to Geocaches this area, but when I
> tried to download them, it appeared to transfer without errors, but the new
> map layer for them doesn't draw anything.

Can you send, direct to me, the resulting files that Xastir created
(waypoints)?  I want to see what's wrong with our interpretation of
them.  They should be in the /usr/local/xastir/maps/GPS/ directory.
All three files that constitute the waypoint shapefile please.

Thanks for the report!

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com