[Xastir-Dev] Short list, stable release, then Xastir-2 development?

Jerry Chamberlin jerryc at netlab.org
Thu Mar 27 21:27:13 EST 2003

seems like however it gets there, in the Makefile section below somewhere.
I am a PRE M4 person.
I used hand coded Makefiles years ago.
But the suggestion os $HOME/.xastir to store the stuff, may be better, I like to
run a couple copies with different maps and settings. Seems most the stuff in
/usr/local maybe should be user  $HOME/.xastir/xxx stuff.
It would let people use custom maps per user and sounds, and such...
Darn I should quit thinking, it is bad for coders to change specs in middle of
project.

all-recursive install-data-recursive install-exec-recursive \
installdirs-recursive install-recursive uninstall-recursive  \
check-recursive installcheck-recursive info-recursive dvi-recursive:
        @set fnord $(MAKEFLAGS); amf=$$2; \
        dot_seen=no; \
        target=`echo $@ | sed s/-recursive//`; \
        list='$(SUBDIRS)'; for subdir in $$list; do \
          echo "Making $$target in $$subdir"; \
          if test "$$subdir" = "."; then \
            dot_seen=yes; \
            local_target="$$target-am"; \
          else \
            local_target="$$target"; \
          fi; \
          (cd $$subdir && $(MAKE) $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) $$local_target) \
           || case "$$amf" in *=*) exit 1;; *k*) fail=yes;; *) exit 1;; esac; \
        done; \
        if test "$$dot_seen" = "no"; then \
          $(MAKE) $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) "$$target-am" || exit 1; \
        fi; test -z "$$fail"

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Jerry Chamberlin wrote:
>
> > put a shell command in make install routine?
>
> Yea.  Where?  In the configure.ac file?  In Makefile.am (doubt it)?
>
> Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
> http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
>   Lotto:  A tax on people who are bad at math. - unknown
> Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates. - WE7U.
> The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!"

The Net Lab year 2000 and beyond Internet Education is Science
http://www.netlab.org
WA0JRJ - Jerry
used to be ICQ 6408731
used to be AIM PappyJerry