[Xastir-Dev] Short list, stable release, then Xastir-2 development?

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Mar 28 02:04:37 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Jerry Chamberlin wrote:

> seems like however it gets there, in the Makefile section below somewhere.
> I am a PRE M4 person.
> I used hand coded Makefiles years ago.

I still use them for uP work!

> But the suggestion os $HOME/.xastir to store the stuff, may be better, I like to
> run a couple copies with different maps and settings. Seems most the stuff in
> /usr/local maybe should be user  $HOME/.xastir/xxx stuff.
> It would let people use custom maps per user and sounds, and such...
> Darn I should quit thinking, it is bad for coders to change specs in middle of
> project.

Hold on to those thoughts and bring them up again after the stable
release when we pull out all the stops and go after the Xastir-2
project.  I could easily see having per-user settings for things in
the database.  Where the dividing line is, as to what things go in
there, is up to everybody on the project.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer