[Xastir-Dev] Less brave testers wanted. :-)

Tom Young tom at twyoung.com
Fri Mar 28 11:05:53 EST 2003

I ran a cvs update and reran everything, starting with bootstrap.sh.
Also, I
remembered to uncomment the SerialKiss DIGIPEAT  #define statement in
xastir.h (forgot the last time).  I ran 'xastir -v 9' and got lines on
the console like the following:

Channel data on Port 1
[KA1UDX-1>APU256,KB2EAR-1,WB2SNN-15,WA2JNF-15*/V:}KA1UDX>APU256,TCPIP,KA1UDX-1*:=4012.25N/07527.86W_WX
Collegeville, PA   FN20GF]

No more gibberish!  Also, I don't see anything that looks like an MKISS
port identifier. (Port 1 is the Serial KISS interface.)  Unfortunately,
no packets
at all appeared in the 'Display Packet Data' window or the tnc.log.

When I try the same thing with the vanilla TNC interface,  packets
appear normally
in the 'Display Packet Data' window and the log, but there are no
'Channel data on Port 3' messages.

I tried, unsuccessfully, to decipher things with GDB, probably because
of timing and/or
multi-threading problems.

	73,

		-Tom, KD1UL