[Xastir-Dev] TODO for "stable"?

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat May 10 11:55:07 EDT 2003

TODO list for release:
----------------------

1) Translations:  Two new strings need to be translated into all the
languages.  All translators please take another look at the language
files.

2) French translation:  N7TAP

3) Docs?  How are we looking here Reuven?

The bug-fixes I've done lately added too much new code, which has
caused two new packet-of-death bugs to appear.  I had to fix those as
well.  Please forward any packets causing new packet-of-death
segfaults directly to me, and quickly!  I'm done adding new code
unless another major bug pops up somewhere.

There's another bug I'd like to get to (Map Chooser DIR mode), but I
consider it minor.  It's existed for quite a while, people have
learned to live with it, and again the amount of code changes
required to fix it might cause other problems.  I know what I want to
do for it but I'll do it _after_ the stable release (sorry Bob!).

I know of a couple of way-cool new features waiting in the wings from
Chris and Jack.  The sooner we push out the stable release the
better, so we can use these new features.

I've had one version up and running now for 71 days, on a firenet
feed (lots of traffic), displaying local tigermaps while following a
station full-time, and generating snapshots for web pages.  I'd say
that's stable!  It's had over 15,000 stations/objects recorded for
the full time it's been running.

The code-base is in the best shape it's ever been.

Let's get the translations and docs finished up and wait a few
days for stability checks, then I say it's a go.  Chuck has the final
word on the matter, as always!

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer