[Xastir-Dev] TODO for "stable"?

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon May 12 14:08:56 EDT 2003

On Sun, 11 May 2003, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> I'll snag the latest CVS and retest, but the current copy I've got
> (maybe 3 days old) uses well over 50% CPU

We're running into conflicting requirements:

1) Keep the receive queues from growing.
2) Keep the CPU usage down.

I'll take another look at it though.  There are probably some simple
tweaks that could help here.

> and frequently loses track of
> internet feeds when I lose my network connection and reconnect (silly
> ISDN dialup policy tricks...) where a couple of months ago, it'd time
> out gracefully and reconnect.
>
> I've had instances where I'd stop all interfaces, reestablish selected
> interfaces, the info would indiacte a connection, and no data would be
> passed after the initial 3-way handshake.

Can you definitely pin this on Xastir, or could it perhaps be
changes in the server on the other end, or partial loss of network
connectivity?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com