[Xastir-Dev] TODO for "stable"?

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Mon May 12 20:22:04 EDT 2003

Curt Mills, WE7U wrote:
> On Sun, 11 May 2003, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:
>

>>I'll snag the latest CVS and retest, but the current copy I've got
>>(maybe 3 days old) uses well over 50% CPU
>

> We're running into conflicting requirements:
>
> 1) Keep the receive queues from growing.
> 2) Keep the CPU usage down.
>

> I'll take another look at it though.  There are probably some simple
> tweaks that could help here.

It's obviously time for us to talk again about v2.0 work and different
services.

>>and frequently loses track of
>>internet feeds when I lose my network connection and reconnect (silly
>>ISDN dialup policy tricks...) where a couple of months ago, it'd time
>>out gracefully and reconnect.
>>
>>I've had instances where I'd stop all interfaces, reestablish selected
>>interfaces, the info would indiacte a connection, and no data would be
>>passed after the initial 3-way handshake.
>

> Can you definitely pin this on Xastir, or could it perhaps be
> changes in the server on the other end, or partial loss of network
> connectivity?

There is partial connectivity loss.  Every 2-4 hours (I didn't set up
the ISDN modem pool, the guy who did failed to document and then left,
and the new guy and I haven't figured out the damage yet) I get dumped
and have to reacquire a DHCP lease with a new address.

In rev's past, it'd time out on xastir and if it was configured to
reconnect on network failure, it'd do so, gracefully.  Now, it appears
that it "reconnects" and then no more data is exchanged.  Usually takes
an uptime of 24+ hours.

I can fix it with a cron restart every midnight if you'd like!

73, gerry
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173