[Xastir-Dev] missing dependency

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Fri May 16 20:27:35 EDT 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Alan Crosswell wrote:

> Here's why RPM is better than human brains at administrivia:
>
> BUILD/xastir-1.1.5/scripts/track-get.pl:# This script uses the
> GPS::Garmin module which can be obtained

> You need to document in INSTALL that
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/perl-gps/ is needed.
> This too is not a standard package but RPM figured out it was needed by
> reading the perl scripts .

I had to think on that one for a bit.  That's the older stuff
(non-GPSMan stuff) that snags things from a GPS.  I'm surprised that
RPM was smart enough to figure that out.

Another option would be to remove that script and the others like
it, as the GPSMan stuff does a better job of it anyway.  Perhaps
there are some that would still use the old scripts though.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com