[Xastir-Dev] Makefile: ${prefix} -> ${datadir}

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon May 19 13:32:39 EDT 2003

On Sun, 18 May 2003, Alan Crosswell wrote:

> Let's try that patch again, shall we?  Note, that since all the
> directories are defined in ~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf for an existing
> user, none of this change from /usr/xastir->/usr/share/xastir is visible
> unless you clobber and recreate the xastir.cnf.  First time users will
> get a new xastir.cnf that has /usr/share/xastir (or whatever the builder
> set datadir to).
>
> I think this patch is correct since get_data_base_dir() is called to
> find the prefix for everything.
> If there's any code lurking that looks elsewhere for the prefix then
> I've missed it!
>
> 73 de Alan N2YGK
>

> Alan Crosswell wrote:
>
> > Attached find a proposed patch to Makefile.in that changes what, IMHO,
> > is incorrect use of ${prefix} for the maps, etc.
> > ${prefix}/xastir/maps becomes /usr/xastir/maps when prefix
> > is set to /usr.  Using datadir instead gets you
> > /usr/share/xastir/maps. for example.  And, if you want it to be
> > /usr/local/xastir/maps, you can set datadir=/usr/local to get the
> > "old" behavior.

Jack:  Do you want to look at this one?  It sounds like it's to fix
an existing bug instead of adding functionality.  If so, we might
want to get this in and tested before release.

Alan:  In case you don't know (but you probably do!), we're in
code-freeze right now, letting things settle a bit and doing
bug-fixes/doc-updates in preparation for the next stable release.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com