[Xastir-Dev] Another thought on the chooser

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Mon Nov 10 10:19:38 EST 2003

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

> I understand that selecting maps and/or directories and hitting
> "apply" will display only the maps that were selected.  How difficult
> would it be to make it so that selecting maps and/or directories and
> hitting "properties" would display the properties window with only the
> maps that were selected?
>
> This feature combined with a "Select All" button would make setting
> maps much much easier.  Much.

I agree.  No need to convince us further!

> I can implement the button (it's very similar to the "Clear" button)
> but the selected/properties thing is a bit more challenging.

Implement the button and I'll see what I can do with the back-end
code for it.  I don't think it'd be hard to do.  It might be easiest
to write the selected_maps.sys file out and then read that data in
again for the Properties dialog.  We've already got the code to read
that file in order to highlight the "selected" lines in the Map
Chooser.  Just borrow the code for another purpose.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com