[Xastir-Dev] Interesting compiler difference

Curt Mills hacker at tc.fluke.com
Wed Nov 26 09:51:29 EST 2003

Running SuSE 8.2 here, gcc 3.3.  Made a tweak to Xastir yesterday
and committed to CVS.  It compiled fine for me.  Made a development
snapshot too and released that.

Got home to my SuSE 7.3 machine.  Did a "cvs update" off the devel
server to get the latest source.  It wouldn't compile.

Turns out I did a boo-boo and put a variable declaration a few lines
down in a block, after some other executable code.  Gcc 3.3 didn't
care and compiled it anyway.  The older gcc did.  I did a tkdiff
this morning on that file to see what the differences where.

Anyone else run across this sort of thing?

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com