[Xastir-Dev] Projection problem in xastir w/ tiger maps?

Wes Johnston wes at johnston.net
Mon Oct 20 22:03:53 EDT 2003

I'm running tigermaps and noticed a north south anomaly when zoomed out to
64 mile scale.  The track of a vehicle didn't match up to the shape of the
road he was appearantly on.  kd4tqz-14 drove thru the south eastern end of
NC today.... his track matches perfectly with HWY 74 when it is centered
N-S on my screen.  But as I scroll the map downward (and make his track
nearly go off the top of the screen, his track appears to move "up" further
than the map moved "up".   I have him tracked at 18:49, 18:52 19:02 and
19:05 UTC.

Is this a UTM projection problem?

Wes