[Xastir-Dev] Projection problem in xastir w/ tiger maps?

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Tue Oct 21 10:50:36 EDT 2003

Been down this before.  TigerMaps, as we get 'em from the server, are in
a sinusoidal projection.  I still don't know why.  Probably, because
they could.

Until we either get GDAL implemented, or rehack the projection code
Curt's done (and so well, for what we usually NEED, I might add) from
PROJ4, we'll not be able to cleanly reproject them.

No, it's not UTM.

Cartographically yours,
Gerry