[Xastir-Dev] Xastir Opentrac bug

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sun Oct 26 00:27:53 EDT 2003

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003, Henk de Groot wrote:

> Am I the first one to report a bug on the Opentrac support in Xastir? Just
> a minor thing, but it is always nice to be first :-).

Yep!  You're only the 2nd user of it.  Scott Miller of course was the
first.  I don't call myself a user because I only threw a few packets
at it in order to debug the code that's in there now.

> It showed up as an "Ent 1" object with (almost) the correct information...
> Nice! I say almost correct since the "network" value was not correct, it
> has a bug which I also found in the "opentrac" modified "listen" command
> (not reported however, I'm not on the Opentrac mailing list).

You should report that directly to Scott then.  I used his example
code to write the Xastir code, and fed some changes back to him in
the process.

> A classic
> off-by-one error, you need the 9th byte so you need to fetch
> *(element+8)... I tripple (or quardrupple) checked the (current)
> specification, its realy 1 byte directly following the sequence number...

Thanks!  I'll take a look at it.  Realize also that the support in
Xastir is very preliminary at this time.  We just create some APRS
packets out of the OpenTrac packets and then send them through our
normal decoding.  That means we can't currently handle a lot of the
packet types that OpenTrac can create.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer