[Xastir-Dev] Annoying map chooser behavior to be corrected

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Tue Oct 28 14:22:12 EST 2003

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Jack Twilley wrote:

> While working on that zoom thing for the map chooser, I've finally
> gotten annoyed with a certain bit of behavior to want to fix it.

Which annoying behavior?  There's more than one!

> Open the map chooser, select some maps, click one of the buttons.  The
> items change as directed, and then the selection is cleared.  I'm
> going to change the behavior so the selection is *not* cleared.
> There's a Clear button already on the chooser so you can clear the
> selection.
>
> If anyone has any problem with this, please say so soon.  It's driving
> me berserk, so I want to fix it tonight, and it's a really really easy
> change.

It has been both ways in the code before.  Yep, it's pretty easy to
change.  I have no problem with it, since like you said, there's a
CLEAR button.

While we're at it, here's another thing I find annoying:  Two places
to mess with maps.  What I'd like to do is break up the Tigermap
stuff into an entry in the Map Chooser for enabling it, and a
separate config area without an enable button.  That way I could
switch between different map styles using only the Map Chooser.  If
anyone has a problem with that, please let me know.  I think it
would be much less confusing to have everything enabled from the Map
Chooser.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com