[Xastir-Dev] Fixed awk, but install's messed

Alan Crosswell alan at columbia.edu
Tue Sep 2 17:20:59 EDT 2003

> Alan> Regarding the install prefix being hosed, I don't know why that

> Alan> happened, although that sounds like some kind of issue with
>
>Alan> autoconf not setting the right values in configure.  /a
>
>The install prefix was hosed because it uses $package which is derived
>- From the first argument to AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE, at least on my system.
>I've fixed that, and Chris Bell gave it a clean bill of health for
>Solaris.  Could you confirm it on Linux for me so I can check it in?
>
>/xastir-dev

That appears to get set by AC_INIT.  Not sure why it should be different
for you.  What versions of automake and autoconf are you using?
my automake --version is 1.6.3
my autoconf --version is 2.5.7

According to the info page for automake, you must have an obsolete
version of automake or autoconf since the package name and version are
set by the AC_INIT macro and the AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE macro inherits those
values from it.  Sounds like it can't hurt to use the obsolete options
but one has to make sure now that AC_INIT and AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE are
*both* updated each time the version number changes -- see the comment a
few lines higher in configure.ac about "SET VERSION HERE!"

Did the AC_PREREQ test succeed or did you get an error message during
bootstrap.sh?

So it will work and it's not a Linux version issue so much as an
automake version issue.
/a