[Xastir-dev] args to data_add()

Wendell Turner wendell at adsi-m4.com
Fri Apr 9 17:09:33 EDT 2004

> > Perhaps it would be better to hack up a generic 'fake tnc' program
> > that xastir can connect to as if it were an APRS Internet Server?

> > I think it would be best not to hack the functionality into xastir
> > itself.  But it should be very easy to make that little linkage
> > program and use existing xastir functionality.
>
> Excellent idea, and I've done similar things for use in testing
> Xastir before:  A perl program that generates packets and has a
> listening socket for Xastir to connect to.

Is the only symbol that I can draw on the map one of those
icons?  I was planning on attempting a graphics image of an
aircraft.  (The icon doesn't have heading on it.  I wanted a
little graphics image of an airplane pointed in the right
direction).  I've already hacked the main processing loop to
feed in FlightGear's NMEA sentences, and it works pretty well.
I'll look into the 'fake tnc' thing, though.

Wendell