[Xastir-dev] args to data_add()

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 9 17:21:51 EDT 2004

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Wendell Turner wrote:

> Is the only symbol that I can draw on the map one of those
> icons?  I was planning on attempting a graphics image of an
> aircraft.  (The icon doesn't have heading on it.  I wanted a
> little graphics image of an airplane pointed in the right
> direction).

Better than 90 degrees I assume, which is what we have support for.
We have I think two symbols that are airplanes, but you don't have
fine control over the direction, just four positions for each.

Yea, those symbols are the main choices at present, but you could
perhaps draw a symbol using other methods, such as using area
objects or multipoint polygons.  Multipoint stuff is defined at
wxsvr.net.

You could use some of the empty symbol slots to define new symbols,
but you'd have to define a lot of them in order to have fine-control
over the direction, plus if we added new APRS symbols in the future
it might conflict with where you placed yours.  We wouldn't want
your symbols in the main Xastir code in that case either, as they
wouldn't carry across APRS clients.

You could tie in to the code which draws to pixmap_final before it
gets copied to the screen, and do your own graphics drawing to that
pixmap.