[Xastir-dev] args to data_add()

Wendell Turner wendell at adsi-m4.com
Fri Apr 9 17:32:02 EDT 2004

> > Is the only symbol that I can draw on the map one of those
> > icons?  I was planning on attempting a graphics image of an
> > aircraft.  (The icon doesn't have heading on it.  I wanted a
> > little graphics image of an airplane pointed in the right
> > direction).
>
> You could use some of the empty symbol slots to define new symbols,
> but you'd have to define a lot of them in order to have fine-control
> over the direction, plus if we added new APRS symbols in the future
> it might conflict with where you placed yours.  We wouldn't want
> your symbols in the main Xastir code in that case either, as they
> wouldn't carry across APRS clients.

Would I want to define my own symbol, which wasn't really an
icon symbol, but a graphic?  If I wrote a graphics routine that
is called to draw this symbol, then that routine could rotate
the graphics symbol.

> You could tie in to the code which draws to pixmap_final before it
> gets copied to the screen, and do your own graphics drawing to that
> pixmap.

Maybe that is the same as my idea above?  Would something
like this be not-too-intrusive into the Xastir/APRS way of
things?  I certainly don't want to take up much of the APRS
symbol space just for the rotation.

Wendell