[Xastir-dev] OpenTRAC errors - cutting off part of SSID

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Tue Apr 13 10:15:39 EDT 2004

I just got my OpenTracker built and when it sends the OpenTRAC protocol,
Xastir receives it, but it seems to cut off the last character of the
callsign-ssid. I haven't done further testing yet, but when I have my
callsign at KJ5O-11, Xastir shows it as KJ5O-1.

When the OpenTracker is sending APRS protocol, xastir shows the callsign as
KJ5O-11, correctly.

The AX.25 'listen' command shows that the incoming packet does have the full
proper callsign-ssid of KJ5O-11.

Also, does Xastir take advantage of OpenTRAC's increased position precision
or does it just convert to standard APRS... Now that we support the
higher-precision NMEA strings in Xastir, can it also support this for
OpenTRAC as well?

(I will file SourceForge bug reports...)

-Lance
--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
http://map.findu.com/kj5o-14