[Xastir-dev] args to data_add()

Wendell Turner wendell at adsi-m4.com
Wed Apr 14 18:55:06 EDT 2004

> Perhaps a UDP listening socket via a new interface.  That way you
> could enable that if you needed the functionality, and Xastir could
> receive packets through that mechanism.

I would prefer that, if it does not perturb xastir too much.

> Whether it would have
> enough "smarts" to talk back out through that port to various
> clients is another matter though:  Might require quite a bit of code
> to keep track of clients.

Talk back?  At least for my current application, xastir is
receive only.  However, you do bring up some interesting
possibilities.

> Except for changing the symbology, which appears to be a main goal.

Yes, I would like for it to point in the right direction.

> > 	Making sure XASTIR keeps track of a 3D world (I think it's pretty
> > 	two-dimensional right now), but I'm not sure.

I just want to display altitude in the data block, that's all.

> Yea, it's all 2D.  It can keep track of altitude, but it can't
> display it in 3D.

Yes, a 3D display would be a bit much.  May as well just project
it onto the holodeck.

Wendell