[Xastir-dev] Re: [Xastir] aprsd Omniport and Xastir

John Williams vk5zty at bigpond.com
Wed Apr 21 22:48:20 EDT 2004

Curt,

It is a  port (14600) on aprsd .

Syntax is different from the filter string you can send on login to the filtered server port 14580.

Brief description.

The Omni Port provides user requested data streams.  The streams are selected
by filter commands.  Currently the only filter available is the Port Filter.
The syntax of the Port Filter command is "portfilter(arg1,arg2,arg3,.....)".
The short form "pf(arg1,arg2,arg3,...)" may also be used.  The command
may be issued in raw ascii form prior to user logon or as a message
addressed to "SERVER" after logon. Messages addressed to "SERVER"
can be sent from any aprs client program capable of sending messages.
The command may be issued any  number of times.
The commands and arguments are not case sensitive.

Examples.
Raw: pf(all,history)
In message: WA4DSY>APRS::SERVER   :pf(all,history)

More info  at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/aprsd/aprsd/doc/ports.html?content-type=text%2Fplain&rev=1.2

Just search for omniport

Regards