[Xastir-dev] Re: [Xastir] aprsd Omniport and Xastir

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Apr 22 13:38:25 EDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, John Williams wrote:

> It is a  port (14600) on aprsd .
>
> Syntax is different from the filter string you can send on login to the filtered server port 14580.

So this is APRSD's answer to the filtered ports that everybody else
is running on their servers...

We don't currently support that.  If APRSD could be made to silently
ignore the "filter" word that we automatically add when you put
something in the box, or if we had a togglebox to disable adding
that word, then you'd probably be able to use it just fine.

Perhaps you can send an APRS message to the server to enable this
feature?