[Xastir-dev] TNC Stop script

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 10 01:20:07 EST 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Erik G. Burrows wrote:

> Xastir seems to write out only the first few bytes (echo on\n autolf o) of my 20
> line stop script to my TNC when shutting down the device.
>
> I've uncommented some debugging output and it seems to me that the write
> thread is being killed before it's done flushing the write buffer.
>
> I've tried the current CVS version and -r STABLE, same problem.
>
> Any ideas?

Yea, my first idea is that you're probably 100% correct.  I think
you hit it right on the head.  We probably need to verify we hit
end-of-file before we allow the thread to be killed.

Way back I did some optimization, trying to get rid of unnecessary
delays in the interface part of the code.  People were complaining
about slow writes to the TNC.  I probably got a bit too aggressive
while making the changes, or perhaps the code had a race condition
there to begin with, but I made it worse.

Please file a bug report on SourceForge about it.  The text you have
above would be fine and would point us right to the problem.  Filing
a report means that it won't be forgotten.  One of the developers
will get to it when they have a few free minutes/hours to play.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer