[Xastir-dev] Re: N/S and E/W bit summary

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jan 23 13:10:14 EST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 kb2scs at optonline.net wrote:

> Hi All
>           PMmap will display the following Symbols
> /(    Mobile Satellite Ground Station
> \(   Cloudy
>
> Now not to add more problems but just want to note that for
>  /)  and \) PMmap will Display a Rectangle Symbol with the words No
> Symbol Since the Spec shows that these two characters have no symbol
>
> What does everyones else is software display for /) and \)
> My point being if they are blank in all software then one of these
> could be used for the wheel chair.

Xastir:  /) = No Symbol
         \) = MEO (MODIS EARTH OBSERVATION)

See Bob's APRS Spec Errata page.  The MEO symbol should be listed
there.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is PMmap?  I thought initially it was
Pmap, short for Precision Mapping software.  Sounds like it's not.

If it's new client software, is it out yet?

What OS'es does it run on?

Can I add it to my chart?  If I can, will you give me inputs for
that so I can get all the boxes filled in correctly?