[Xastir-dev] Reminder: Stable release very soon

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Fri Jan 30 13:58:52 EST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>
> > The answer is if you want GDAL and geotiff with proj support it appears
> > you *must* build GDAL against your installed (proj-supporting) libtiff and
> > geotiff.
>
> With a linker that ignores library ordering, yes.

The implied subtext was "on MacOS"; Sorry;-)

> I wonder if there's anywhere you can register a complaint regarding
> the linker in MacOSX?

Probably. But I don't think it's worth worrying about: building against
external libgeotiff should be done anyway, the one in GDAL bitrots, and
I'd rather have libproj support in GDAL.

For that matter, I always build the incode epsg version of libgeotiff to
avoid the need to drag lots of files around with me, and you can't do that
with GDAL directly.