[Xastir-dev] message dialog

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jul 1 13:07:37 EDT 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, John Williams wrote:

> On 29 Jun 2004 at 10:10, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, John Williams wrote:
> >
> > > Wondering if any one can duplicate this.
> > >
> > > When I open a message dialog and send it to another desktop that
> > > has another application already running (in my case 2 xterms
> > > running linpac) I find that I cannot type any text in to the
> > > message textfields. The text ends up in one of the xterms. Yes I
> > > did try clicking on the message dialog textfields.
> >
> > Are you talking about an X11 display on a different machine, another
> > virtual screen on the same X11 server, a different X11 server on the
> > same machine?
> >

> Another virtual screen on the same X server.
>
> > Lesstif may be your problem.  Try OpenMotif instead.  You'll
> > probably need to remove lesstif and lesstif-devel RPM's, then
> > install openmotif and openmotif-devel, then reconfigure/recompile
> > Xastir.
> >
> Yes, probably. If it's not something that others can duplicate, then it is most likely the local
> setup.
>
> I'll take a look at installing OpenMotif.

It could also be a problem with your window manager or a problem
with linpac (although that seems unlikely as they're running inside
Xterms).

Does it do the same thing on another screen that has two xterms on
it that are NOT running linpac?

Do you get any sort of border color change when you select various
windows?  Is that functioning properly on the screen with the two
linpac's running?