[Xastir-dev] message dialog

John Williams vk5zty at bigpond.com
Sat Jul 3 23:23:48 EDT 2004

On 1 Jul 2004 at 10:07, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> It could also be a problem with your window manager or a problem
> with linpac (although that seems unlikely as they're running inside
> Xterms).
>
> Does it do the same thing on another screen that has two xterms on
> it that are NOT running linpac?

Yes, Even with just one "empty" xterm.

> Do you get any sort of border color change when you select various
> windows?  Is that functioning properly on the screen with the two
> linpac's running?
>
> --

OK, this is where it gets interesting.  Clicking on either xterm results in a border colour change
indicating that xterm has focus. I can then type into the xterm or the linpac application when it is
running.

Clicking on the message dialog does not result in a colour change on the xterm. I have also
noticed that with normal operation, when you click on a text field in the message dialog the text
field border changes to indicate that it has focus. In this case this does not happen.

I then double clicked on the top bar of the message dialog which collapses the dialog.
I click the top bar again to restore the dialog and now the message dialog works correctly.

So possibly a problem with the windows manager.

Cheers
John