[Xastir-dev] message dialog

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Jul 4 02:25:32 EDT 2004

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004, John Williams wrote:

> OK, this is where it gets interesting.  Clicking on either xterm results in a border colour change
> indicating that xterm has focus. I can then type into the xterm or the linpac application when it is
> running.
>
> Clicking on the message dialog does not result in a colour change on the xterm. I have also
> noticed that with normal operation, when you click on a text field in the message dialog the text
> field border changes to indicate that it has focus. In this case this does not happen.
>
> I then double clicked on the top bar of the message dialog which collapses the dialog.
> I click the top bar again to restore the dialog and now the message dialog works correctly.
>
> So possibly a problem with the windows manager.

Yea, sounds like it to me.  Might still get tracked to some
difference in how we create that window as opposed to other windows,
but you could try other window managers to see whether other window
managers have that sort of problem.  Perhaps relay the bug report to
the window manager guys.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer