[Xastir-dev] Blame Canada for xastir segfaults

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 23 13:25:34 EST 2004

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Jack Twilley wrote:

> I downloaded some shapefiles from Canada's "National Atlas" site.
>
> I tried to use one of them, pvp.shp, and xastir crashed.  All I do is
> change its map level to 100 (so it'll be visible), and kapow,
> segfault.  Other maps seem to have a similar effect.
>
> http://www.twilley.org/~jmt/tmp/canada.tar.gz -- the offending files

Running "xastir -v2047 &" and trying each of them, it comes down to
the glap.* set of maps that are causing the segfault.  If you run
them through shpdump/dbfdump you also get segfaults, which most
likely means that there is a mismatch between the numbers of shapes
in each of the three files, or some other problem in the shapefiles
themselves.