[Xastir-dev] Blame Canada for xastir segfaults

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 23 13:45:27 EST 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> > If we're using a library to parse these files and that library is what is
> > actually segfaulting, then, I think we have a few different options
> > (which aren't necessarily mutually exclusive):
> >
> > 	1.	File a bug with the library development team.

Separating out the problem map and providing it via a download link
would be the first step, then file a bug in bugzilla for it
including the link.

> > 	3.	Trap the SIGSEGV from the library and produce a more
> > 		helpful error message.

I hadn't thought of doing that.  I consider that one more risky as
we might have other things occur at that point which should cause us
to go down, and handle them improperly.