[Xastir-dev] acinclude.m4:XASTIR_DETECT_DEVICES

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 23 17:01:08 EST 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> I was looking at the page yesterday.  It doesn't specifically say
> "/dev/ttyS*", just "/dev/ttyX".  I saw "/dev/comX" listed, and
> assumed that's what they were using for serial ports.
>
> That's great if we can use the same names on Cygwin and Linux.  Much
> less confusing when switching back and forth.

I can do an "ls -l /dev/ttyS0" through "/dev/ttyS10" just fine on
Win2k.  I can also see a "/dev/tty0" just fine, but "/dev/ttya" and
"/dev/ttyR0" didn't work.

So, looks like WinXP and Win2k are probably ok.  Anyone running on
Win95 or Win98/98SE that could do a quick check with /dev/ttyS0 to
see if that works?